African Vision Safaris Invites You
...to explore the vast natural wonders such as the Serengeti, Maasai Mara or Ngorongoro Crater
...to climb to the top of the highest mountain in Africa, the snow-capped Mt. Kilimanjaro
...to wander through the exotic bazaars and alleyways of Stonetown, Zanzibar then snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean
...to mingle among the famous Maasai tribe in their natural surroundings.
As a full service tour operator, African Vision Safaris can make these and a multitude more dreams become a reality. We are based in Arusha, often referred to as the safari capital of the world; 45 minutes from Kilimanjaro International Airport and convenient to the Northern Safari Parks and Mt Kilimanjaro.
We at African Vision Safaris warmly welcome you to join us for the adventure holiday of a lifetime.
At African Vision Safaris your Head Guides is our guarantee that you will have a safe, enjoyable trip while gaining a more in-depth understanding of the environments and cultures you are visiting. Our Head Guides are a major factor contributing to what will make your trip, the trip of a lifetime. We take the selection and training of Head Guides very seriously. Over the past 5 years the company directors have hand picked and trained them in the field and in the classroom. Head Guides are required to attend regular training seminars, keep their WFR training up to date. They all have more than 8 years guiding experience. Your Head Guides will be totally fluent in English. With advanced notice, guides fluent in many other languages can be arranged. He will have been on safari to your destinations more than 5 times, and will draw on his personal experiences to encourage and support you throughout your trip. They have all studied the history, cultures and wildlife of Tanzania and have years of experience conveying this knowledge in a fun and interesting fashion. Enjoy their tales of life in the village and tales of life on safari. You will find them easy to engage in discussions about current world events and African politics. In addition to being a warm and knowledgeable travel companion they are there to look out for your safety, make sure you get great service in camps and lodges, and ensure your itinerary remains flexible enough to accommodate the interests and desires of you and your companions. All our Head Guides are Wilderness First Responder certified and can assist and advise you on medical problems or emergencies. As part of our on going training, annual courses in first aid, mountain safety, game viewing and walking safari field trainings are organized by our company. Most trainings are held by the company directors or experts are contracted to teach and evaluate the knowledge and competence of the guide. All trainings have practical tests at the end that leaders must pass in order to work the following season. We feel certain that our guides are the best in the business and we fully trust your safety and enjoyment with them. All of our Guides and porters are friendly
Mr. Levis Lewis is the founder and managing director of AFRICAN VISION SAFARIS Ltd. He is Tanzanian by nationality born on 31st December 1965 in Sakila Village Arusha Region, which is located between Mt Meru and Mt Kilimanjaro. Professionally, Mr. Levis Lewis is a competent tour guide with high knowledge in wildlife birds botanical flowers, Africa fauna and marine life. Levis has been a tour guide since 1987, conducting adventure safaris in different protected areas and National Parks in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. He graduated from Mt Meru Tour Guide College and has been using his years of experience to suppliment his knowledge. Mr. Levis is married to Joyce, with two kids Dorcas and Careen.
WHAT MAKES OUR TREKS AND SAFARIS SO DIFFERENT?
We are combination of two guides with different professions in tourism industry. Apart from running this company, we share our guiding skills with you by leading all treks, safaris, walking safaris and cross the bushes, plains and valleys with bikes by ourselves as a tour guides and local trip leaders.
Our itineraries are flexible to satisfy your safari, climbing, trekking and biking intensions. We also happy to give ideas and opinions to your own created itinerary, We are there with you to make sure that all details are adhered in practice.
The difference we offer our climbers is in direct relation to how we value and respect our fellow guides and porters we work with.
- We provide our own core team of guides and porters on each expedition who are trained to perform specific tasks which are vital to the successes of each trek.
- Our sample itineraries are flexible to everyone, through our experience, we can arrange any kind of exceptional expedition, just give out your ideas we will take you there personally.
- We pay the reasonable and good salaries to other guides, porters and other crews we work with.
- We pay good bonuses to fellow guides and porters who perform their duties and carry loads to the crater floor camp.
- We pay our mountain crews their full salary even if they have to descend early with trekkers or even if they are sick and they must descend early.
- We ensure that each porter from our core mountain crew team has a proper mountain gears including good sleeping bag even if not new ones.
- We provide good tents for our mountain crews to sleep in.
- We adhere to the guidelines of the Kilimanjaro porters assistance project (KPAP), based at the foot of Kilimanjaro in Moshi, they are Tanzanian non-profit organization committed to improving the working conditions of the porters, we embody and practice their principles of porters ethics.
- We respect the weight limits for porters as instructed by the Kilimanjaro National Park.
- We provide a complete first aid kit and oxygen cylinder for our mountain crews and trekkers when they are sick or injured on the mountain.
- We provide annually professional menu training for our cooks and waiters for mountain treks, normal safaris, walking safaris and mountain biking expeditions.
- We feed our crews on the mountain and walking safaris with quality and enough foods we do not reduce these costs from their salaries
We are locally owned and operated. All income stays in Tanzania where it benefits the community. In addition we are supporters of TEATEM NGO (www.teatem.org) a local NGO that promotes making quality education available to all Tanzanians. If during your stay in the country, you would like to see some recommended projects we can easily arrange that before or after your itinerary.
We can also help you find projects if you have time to stay as a volunteer. At least 3 weeks is recommended to be beneficial to the community. We have volunteering housing available in Arusha. If you have an interest, or for more details, please contact us.
If you are interested in helping the community by donating items that you bring on your trip, we can tell you what would be of benefit.